The law requires that any individual wishing to erect, alter or dismantle scaffolding must be able to prove their competency. The industry-wide accepted proof of competency for operatives is to hold a CISRS Scaffold card. To be eligible to apply for this card, candidates must successfully complete the following elements of training:
- CISRS Part 1 course
- CISRS Part 2 course
- Level 2 QCF National Diploma in Accessing Operations and Rigging (Construction) Scaffolding [600/8244/6]
- CISRS Basic Skills Test
To train suitable candidates to the objectives approved by CISRS in the safe erection, alteration and dismantling of the following scaffolding:
- Basic independent tied scaffold with prefabricated beams
- Protective fans
- Pavement gantry
- Loading bay
- Roof saddle scaffold
- Roof edge protection
- Truss out scaffold
NVQ Diploma Level 2
The Part 2 package includes one Level 2 Onsite Assessment/Witness Statement service and one Level 2 Portfolio Assessment. As part of the package, delegates will be issued with a blank NVQ portfolio on the final day of the Part 2 and receive an NVQ induction from our Assessor. During the induction the Assessor will answer any questions and help delegates to make a start on the job knowledge questions in their portfolio. The Assessor may also carry out a professional discussion). Delegates will then be expected to complete the portfolio in their own time; their Assessor will be available to provide information, advice and guidance via telephone or email.
PLEASE NOTE: A charge for the Assessors time will be made should the delegate wish to make an appointment to have a portfolio pre-assessment check.
Delegates must have completed and passed a Part 1 course and have had the minimum recommended experience between completion of Part 1 and commencement of Part 2 (minimum of six months). We will require a copy of the Part 1 certificate as proof of training.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed during the booking stage to ensure we can best accommodate your needs.
Lecture notes and audio/visual presentation.
Practical assessments and a 50 question test.
Certificates will be included in the cost of this course and CISRS certificates will be produced by NETA. They will be forwarded to the delegate directly or to their sponsor as soon as possible.
Delegates must wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during the practical aspects of the course. Delegates will be required to provide:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Boots
- High visibility vest or overalls (optional)
- Safety Harness with 1.7m lanyard and rear anchor point
- 1x 7/16 swingover spanner
- 1x Belt and frogs
- 1x 6” spirit level
- 1x 5m Tape measure
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact us.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret scaffold drawings
- Erect, alter and dismantle the following scaffolds safely and in their correct sequence (as part of a team)
The scaffolder grade and VQ2 assessment is the established trade competency for the scaffolding industry and enables scaffolders to lead or partake in the majority of scaffolding operations, as covered by this training and assessment.
- Instruction/training SG4:10
- Product familiarisation in approved prefabricated system scaffold
- Erect/dismantle of scaffold with prefabricated beams
- Erect/dismantle of protective fans
- Erect/dismantle of pavement gantry
- Erect/dismantle of loading bay
- Erect/dismantle of roof saddle scaffold
- Erect/dismantle of splay scaffold
- Erect/dismantle of roof edge protection
- Erect/dismantle of truss out
- TG4 tie testing
- Alterations (e.g. Removing standards from a structure)
- 50 question test paper
For further information, please contact us.