The law requires that any individual wishing to erect, alter or dismantle scaffolding must be able to prove their competency. The industry-wide accepted proof of competency for operatives is to hold a CISRS Scaffold card. To be eligible to apply for this card, candidates must successfully complete the following elements of training, all of which are available via DM Contractor Solutions:
- CISRS Part 1 Course
- CISRS Part 2 Course
- Level 2 QCF National Diploma in Accessing Operations & Rigging (Construction) Scaffolding
- CISRS Basic Skills Test
To train suitable candidates to the objectives approved by CISRS in the safe erection, alteration and dismantling of the following scaffolding:
- Independent with return
- Mobile tower
- Static tower
All delegates must have a minimum of 6 months verifiable experience with scaffolding operations. They must have held their CISRS Laborer’s or Trainee card for at least 6 months.
Any physical impairment or literacy issues should be discussed during the booking stage to ensure we can best accommodate your needs.
Lecture notes and audio/visual presentation.
Practical assessments and a 50 question test.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a CISRS certificate. The certificate will be sent directly to the delegate or their sponsor company.
Delegates must wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during the practical aspects of the course. Delegates will be required to provide:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Boots
- High visibility vest or overalls (optional)
- Safety Harness with 1.7m lanyard and rear anchor point
- 1x 7/16 swingover spanner
- 1x belt and frogs
- 1x 6” spirit level
- 1x 5m Tape measure
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact us.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Select, inspect and erect scaffolding structures up to 3 lifts (6m)
- Interpret and apply relevant current regulations and codes of practice
- Select and inspect scaffold materials for the serviceability
- Select the correct quantity and type of components required
- Have working knowledge of health and safety awareness, manual handling and alterations of scaffolding
- Health & safety awareness
- Instruction/training SG4:10
- Ladder access to scaffolds
- Manual handling
- Products in approved prefabricated system scaffolds
- Interpretation of drawings
- Tie methods & TG4
- Erect/dismantle of independent access scaffold
- Erect/dismantle of birdcage scaffolds
- Erect/dismantle of tower scaffolds
- Erect/dismantle of putlog scaffolds
- Alterations to scaffolds
- Theory and practical application of gin wheels
- 50 question test paper
- Review of course
Please contact us for further information.